100 Reasons Finland Is The Most Kick-Ass Count…
100 Reasons Finland Is The Most Kick-Ass Country In The World:
- The Finnish language is practical yet poetic. The word for world is maailma, which means land (maa) & air (ilma).
- Finns love to party so much that they put the word in the plural! #bileet 🎉
- The word for dragon is lohikäärme, which means salmon snake, and that’s quite amusing.
- The word for Wednesday is keskiviikko, which means mid-week.
- The word for month is kuukausi, which means moon phase. 🌙And each month is given a different moon name. For example June translates to Summer Moon (kesäkuu), September to Autumn Moon(syyskuu), and December to Christmas Moon (joulukuu).
- The word for hippopotamus is virtahepo, which means flow-pony.
- In most languages the word for Finland is very similar (Finnland, Finlande, Finska), but in Finnish it’s Suomi.